I've always been a fan of taking photographs and traveling. It makes each moment of my journey and travel last longer. My primary inspiration in taking the photos that you will see in this blog is the place I'm visiting.
My first travel experience was in The Grand Canyon, Arizona. Though the sights and scenery in The Grand Canyon look good at any angle, it takes a keen eye and a steady hand to capture one particular moment forever. At that time, I was inexperienced and took photos of myself or anything which was as evident as a sun setting in the west. Examples are flowers, people, food, and of course, the Grand Canyon itself. I met one Photographer who also worked at the Canyon during that time, and I saw some of his pictures posted on websites or sold as prints for postcards and T-shirts. When I saw his creative output and heard the stories of how he took them, I was amazed at the dedication and patience with taking that one single shot that makes his pictures stand out from the rest.
The second country that I have had the pleasure of visiting was Japan. Everything there was different. Their landscapes, architecture, food, and people are all different from my home country as well as The United States. It was a whole new world of photographic opportunity. I took pictures of the streets, the food, places, and buildings, just about anything! They say the more you practice, the better you get at doing something. I took my camera everywhere I went and made sure to look at forecasts of changing seasons. I studied how other photographers optimized their cameras to get the best shots. My two favorite seasons are Spring and Autumn in Japan. Along the way, I will be giving tips and recommend places to visit to take your camera with you and make memories that would last a lifetime.
During my time in Japan, I took pictures of autumn trees and their leaves from different angles I can and later on choose the ones that I liked best. During spring, when the Sakura or Cherry Blossom trees and blossoms were in their most glorious, I took my camera out and took as many pictures as I can before the two weeks of blooming was over.
Throughout this short journey, I learned to consider time, place, and weather in taking not just a good shot but a decent shot. Moving forward, I plan to learn more as I go and travel more, take pictures more, and tell the stories as best as I can.
I'm not the most creative writer. Heck, I'm not a creative writer, period. Instead, with this blog, I will try to speak and tell a story with my camera and the pictures they capture.
Learning something and being good at it doesn't take overnight; there's a journey of practice, research, and learning from different people and different situations. Everyone has an extraordinary journey. Here is mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I spent my day volunteering at ARK Animal Refuge Kansai

My Blogger Name